The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) protects natural resources in the state of Texas. The department strives to ensure that Texas’ natural resources are preserved for the benefit of all Texans. TPWD provides a range of services, from firefighting to law enforcement to research, and works to preserve and enhance habitats across the state. The department is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
texas parks and wildlife internships
“For university students who want to explore a conservation-related career, our summer internship program can be a great start,” said Cayley Birchfield, TPWD recruiter. “We provide college students a realistic view of what a career with Texas Parks and Wildlife really entails. Student interns are given the opportunity to gain practical experience in hands-on settings.”
University students looking for a paid summer internship have the opportunity to gain hands-on job experience assisting Texas Game Wardens with patrols. There are eleven slots available in various regions of the state and selected applicants will be able to learn about the various job duties of a game warden during the 10-week internship.
The internship, which runs from May 27 through Aug. 1, will require students to assist for 20 hours per week on weekends.
Internships are available with various Locations include:
- San Angelo – 1 Available Position
- Dallas – 1 Available Position
- Lufkin – 1 Available Position
- Lubbock – 1 Available Position
- Brownwood – 1 Available Position
Upper Coastal Counties – 3 Available Positions (Duty Station Options Include: Galveston, Harris, and Brazoria Counties)
Lower Coastal Counties – 3 Available Positions (Duty Station Options Include: Cameron, Nueces, Calhoun/Jackson Counties)
Note: Applicants should consider that lodging is not provided before applying.
Have you taken a decision about the post? If you choose your job, then check whether the qualification is matching with you. Check your qualifications and see if you can apply for it and give the required support to make the company run.
- Minimum requirements for this internship include current enrollment as an undergraduate student in an accredited college or university or recent graduate within the last 6 months
- a minimum of 60 completed semester credit hours from an accredited college or university at the time of application,
- an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0-grade point scale and a valid state driver’s license.
Here we have covered the job information of Texas Parks and Wildlife, a division of the Texas Department of Parks and Wildlife, We have added every detail of the job function here like the post, employment Type, Duration, location, Deadline, etc.
- Job Title TPWD – Manager III (Fiscal Section Manager)
- Organization: parks and wildlife department
- Employment Type Internship
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Deadline: Open
- Locations: Primary Location: Texas-Austin.Work Locations: San Angelo, Dallas, Lufkin, Brownwood – all 1 Available Position
- Salary depends on the total credit hours of the applicant and ranges from $12-$12.50 per hour.
- Apply by: https://tpwd.texas.gov/jobs/
For more information, contact Game Warden Recruiter Chelsea Bailey at (361) 571-9877.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife now accepting summer internship applications