The SAB Agriculture Internship offers a unique and enriching experience for individuals passionate about agriculture and sustainability. As part of the esteemed South African Breweries (SAB), a leading brewing company under the AB InBev umbrella, this internship provides an opportunity to contribute to the agricultural aspects of the brewing process and sustainable sourcing practices.
Requirements for the internships at SAB (South African Breweries) you asked about:
- Completed qualification or final year graduate (BTech in Agriculture or BAgric or BSc Agric or BSc Agric Hon or MSc Agric).
- Must major in Agronomy/Plant production/Crop Production and Soil Science.
- No more than 3 years formal work experience post achieving your qualification (Internship, vacation work, short duration contracts and part-time work experiences is not applicable).
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems.
- A valid driver’s license would be an advantage.
- Willing to relocate to Kimberley for a 12 month period commencing January 2022.
- Sustainable Sourcing: Interns will be involved in projects related to sustainable sourcing of agricultural inputs, emphasizing environmentally friendly and socially responsible practices.
- Agribusiness Exposure: Gain insights into the agribusiness side of brewing, including agricultural supply chain management, crop cultivation, and farm-to-brewery logistics.
- Collaboration with Experts: Work closely with experienced agricultural professionals and experts, benefiting from mentorship and guidance in the diverse field of agriculture within the brewing industry.
- Innovation in Agriculture: Contribute to initiatives that focus on innovation in agriculture, exploring new technologies and practices to enhance crop yield, quality, and sustainability.
- Community Impact: Participate in community engagement projects that aim to positively impact local farming communities and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- Visit the SAB Career Portal: Access the official SAB career portal and find the internship section.
- Choose the Agriculture Internship Program: Select the Agriculture Internship program and carefully review the program details, requirements, and expectations.
- Complete the Online Application Form: Provide the necessary information and attach required documents such as your resume and cover letter.
- Application Review: SAB’s recruitment team will review applications, considering academic achievements, relevant skills, and alignment with the company’s values.
- Interview Process: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews to assess their suitability for the internship. Expect questions related to agriculture, sustainability, and your motivation to contribute to SAB’s agricultural initiatives.
- Notification: Successful candidates will receive notifications, including details about the internship commencement date and onboarding procedures.
To apply for the SAB Agriculture Internship, please visit the official SAB career portal. Navigate to the internship section, select the Agriculture Internship program, and follow the provided application instructions.
The SAB Agriculture Internship presents a unique opportunity for individuals to combine their passion for agriculture with the brewing industry. By participating in sustainable sourcing practices and agribusiness projects, interns can make a meaningful impact while gaining valuable insights and skills. Apply now to be part of SAB’s commitment to excellence in agriculture and sustainability.