The FBI offers a paid internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in a career in law enforcement. The internship provides an opportunity to learn about the FBI’s mission, values, and operations. Interns will work closely with FBI agents and other staff on a variety of projects.
The 2023 Honors Internship Program application will open on August 29, 2022, and close on September 18, 2022
Internship Key Features
- JUNE – AUGUST Full-time summer internship
- PAID INTERNSHIP Receive compensation for your contribution
- PREFERRED LOCATION CHOICES Assignments available at the field office and headquarters locations
- BEGIN YOUR FBI CAREER Full-time employment opportunities after graduation
To qualify for the Honors Internship Program, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Attend a U.S.-accredited college or university full-time as an undergraduate, graduate, or post-doctoral student. You are not eligible if you will graduate before the program start date; exceptions are permitted if you are continuing your education in the semester immediately following.
- Have and maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or better at the time of application, throughout the application process, and for the duration of the internship program.
- Pass all of the FBI employment background investigation requirements and be able to receive a Top Secret Clearance.
To be eligible for employment, you must adhere to the following guidelines prior to application consideration:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- The public record must be in good standing with no felony convictions
- Adherence to FBI drug policy
- Pass urinalysis and background investigation
- Student loan repayments must be in good standing
- Filed all required annual federal, state, and local taxes
- Current on court-ordered child support payments
- No engagement with organizations designed to overthrow the U.S. government
- Register with the U.S. Selective Service (for males only