An internship is a short-term position that provides the opportunity for individuals to gain work experience. In most cases, interns are hired by a company or organization and receive training in return for their services.
Internships can provide young people with useful job experience while helping businesses access new talent without having to hire full-time staff immediately. As such, it is sometimes considered essential for companies to offer internship programs in order to fill vacant positions. It has been estimated that approximately 70% of employers offering internships do so because they feel it will improve the performance of employees who take part in these programs and increase their productivity over time.
There are many types of internships in the world.
Work Experience Internship is when you get an internship in a company where you have no access to the full benefits of the job. This type of internship usually lasts for 6 months or more, and you can expect that during this time, your performance will be evaluated by the employer. After the evaluation period is over, if it’s positive, then chances are that they’ll hire you on a full-time basis. On the other hand, if it’s negative, then chances are that they won’t take up your offer.
Job shadowing is similar to a work experience internship except here there will be an interview process involved before you’re allowed to work at their office for real. Job shadowing usually lasts around one week but can last longer depending on what kind of industry or company it is. You should also consider doing volunteer work while doing job shadowing because there might be some benefits that come out of it even though nothing materializes out it initially but still counts as experience points towards future employment opportunities.
General internship interview questions
1. What interests you about the specific company or internship?
2. Why do you want to intern with this company?
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses as an employee?
4. Have you ever worked in a similar position before? If so, can you describe how that experience went?
5. Tell me about a time when you had to lead or work on a project by yourself. How did you manage that situation and what lessons did you learn from it?
1. What is your favorite thing about your current internship?
2. Tell me about a time when you had to take on a new task or problem and how you managed it.
3. What is the most difficult task you have ever completed at your internship?
4. How do you manage time when working on multiple projects simultaneously?
5. Tell me about a time when you had to communicate with someone who was not receptive to your ideas or suggestions. How did you handle the situation?
6. What do you think are the most important skills for an effective intern?
7. Give me an example of how you have demonstrated initiative and creativity while working at your internship.
8. What do you think is the most important lesson that you have learned while working at your internship?
1. Tell me about a time when you faced a challenging situation and how you overcame it.
#1: Tell us about yourself.
internship interview questions
interview questions for interns