The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) offers international students from outside the European Economic Area the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University. The scholarship provides full funding for the duration of the program, including tuition, living expenses, and travel costs.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Info:
- Host Institution(s): Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Study in: Netherlands
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Deadline: 31 Jan 2023 (annual)
- The course starts: on September 2023
Level/Field of study:
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is available for eligible international students who are looking to pursue a Master’s degree at the University of Utrecht. Not all programmes participate, so please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is an option for you.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees or
- tuition fees plus the required income linked to a residence permit for study as set by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, for one year.
- The scholarship is valid for the duration of the programme.
- In a 2-years Master’s programme, the scholarship can be renewed for the second year.
To be eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class;
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and Bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international Master’s programme with a start date of 1 September 2023.
- Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
How to Selection Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic quality and promise in the proposed field of study, as evidenced by your Master’s application;
- Academic excellence, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class (class ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution overview, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by your University);
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to apply
After submitting an application (or applications) for an UES-eligible Master’s programme, before the determined deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November 2022. You will see the UES application(s) in your Osiris Online Application account dashboard. Click view/edit for the UES linked (related process) to the programme you wish to apply for, upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10%, answer the questions and submit the application.
Official Scholarship Website:
It is essential to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship