The Brookfield Zoo, located in Brookfield, Illinois, offers a variety of internships for high school students. These internships allow students to learn about the inner workings of a zoo and gain hands-on experience in a specific area of interest.
High school internships at the Brookfield Zoo are typically unpaid and available during summer. Internship areas may include animal care, education, horticulture, marketing, and more. To be eligible for a high school internship at the Brookfield Zoo, students must be at least 16 years old and have a strong interest in a career in the zoo or wildlife field.
To apply for a high school internship at the Brookfield Zoo, students should visit the zoo’s website and search for current internship opportunities.
Current Internship Opportunities Brookfield zoo
1. Animal Care Specialist Internships Summer 2023
Animal care specialist internships are available for students interested in working with a variety of animals, including large animals, domestics, small animals, birds, reptiles, hoof stock, amphibians, marine animals, and nutrition. These internships provide students with hands-on experience in animal care and the opportunity to work in a specific area of interest.
- Location: Brookfield Zoo
- Pay Rate: Unpaid
- Number of Placements: Varies by area
Winter Term: January – April
Summer Term: May-August
Fall Term: September – December
Animal care specialist internships are offered on a quarterly basis throughout the year, with positions available during the winter (January to April), summer (May to August), and fall (September to December) terms. However, it is important to note that internships and work-study opportunities may not be offered in all areas every term due to animal and staffing needs.
Animal Behavior & Welfare Research January – July 2023
Location: Brookfield Zoo
Pay Rate: Unpaid
Number of Placements: 2-3
How to Apply for Brookfield zoo internships
To apply for an internship at the Brookfield Zoo in Illinois, you should follow these steps:
- Visit the zoo’s website and search for current internship opportunities. You can do this by going to the “Employment” section of the website and selecting “Internships” from the dropdown menu.
- Review the requirements and qualifications for the internship position you are interested in. Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding.
- Click on the internship position to view the job description and application instructions.
- Follow the instructions to complete the online application form and submit your resume, cover letter, and other required documents.
- If the zoo is interested in your application, you may be asked to participate in an interview. Be prepared to talk about your interest in the field and any relevant experience you have.
It’s also a good idea to reach out to the zoo directly if you have any questions about the application process or the internship program