what is an unpaid offer letter?
An unpaid internship offer letter is a formal document that is sent to a candidate who has been selected for an unpaid internship position at a company. The letter typically outlines the details of the internship, including the start and end dates, the responsibilities of the intern, and any other relevant information. It may also include information about the company and its culture, as well as the benefits of the internship for the intern. The letter is usually signed by a representative of the company, such as the hiring manager or the head of the department where the intern will be working.
It is important to note that an unpaid internship offer letter does not include any compensation for the intern’s time or work. This means that the intern will not receive a salary or wages for their time spent working at the company. However, some unpaid internships may offer other benefits, such as academic credit or the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a particular field.
The following documents must be submitted along with the unpaid offer letter:
- A cover letter stating that it is an unpaid offer letter and stating the amount of money being offered
- An executed agreement between employer and employee
- A document showing the date on which both parties agreed to sign the agreement
- Proof that the company’s business license has been approved by appropriate government authorities
5 Tips to Write an Unpaid Internship Offer Letter
Here are a few additional tips for writing an unpaid internship offer letter:
- Make sure that you comply with all laws and regulations regarding unpaid internships. Some countries have specific laws about the conditions under which an intern can work for free, so it is important to make sure that you are in compliance with these laws.
- Clearly outline the expectations for the intern, including the tasks and responsibilities that they will be expected to perform. This will help the intern understand what is expected of them and will also help them to prepare for their role.
- Provide information about any resources or support that will be available to the intern during their internship. For example, you might offer access to training materials, mentorship, or other support to help the intern succeed in their role.
- Consider including information about the long-term goals or objectives of the internship, and how the intern can contribute to these goals. This will give the intern a sense of purpose and will help them to see the value in their unpaid work.
- Finally, be sure to thank the intern for their interest in the opportunity and express your excitement about having them join the team.
unpaid internship offer letter example
We are pleased to offer you an unpaid internship with [Company] starting on [start date] and ending on [end date]. During your internship, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from our team of professionals, as well as gain valuable experience in your field of study.
Your responsibilities will include [list of responsibilities]. While this is an unpaid internship, we are happy to work with you to receive academic credit for your time with us.
We believe that this internship will provide you with valuable skills and experience that will benefit you in your future career endeavors. We look forward to welcoming you to our team.
unpaid internship offer letter template
Here is a template for an unpaid internship offer letter that you can customize to fit your company’s specific needs:
We are excited to extend an offer for an unpaid internship with [Company] starting on [start date] and ending on [end date]. As an intern with our team, you will have the opportunity to work on real projects and tasks, gaining valuable experience and insight into the [industry/field].
While this is an unpaid internship, we believe that the hands-on experience and mentorship you will receive during your time with us will provide immeasurable value as you continue to develop your skills and career goals. Additionally, we are happy to work with you to receive academic credit for your internship.
Some of the responsibilities you can expect to have during your internship include [list of responsibilities]. We are confident that this opportunity will be a meaningful and rewarding experience for you, and we look forward to having you join our team.
unpaid internship offer letter sample
Here is a sample of an unpaid internship offer letter that includes some unique elements:
We are excited to offer you an unpaid internship opportunity with [Company] starting on [start date] and ending on [end date]. We believe that this internship will be a unique and valuable learning experience for you, as you will have the chance to work with and learn from a diverse group of professionals in the [industry] industry.
During your internship, you will be responsible for [list of responsibilities]. While this is an unpaid internship, we are happy to work with you to arrange for academic credit for your time with us. In addition, we will provide you with a stipend to cover your travel and other expenses during your internship.
We believe that this internship will provide you with valuable skills and experience that will benefit you in your future career endeavors. We look forward to welcoming you to our team and helping you make the most of this opportunity.